Western Nebraska Community College is offering Performing and Visual Arts auditions for both participation and scholarship consideration in Instrumental and Vocal music, Theatre and Visual arts, and Speech and Debate. WNCC encourages you to become a part of our well-known and successful programs! Participants are welcome to audition for multiple programs and all performance auditions are held on the Scottsbluff Campus. Sign up on the date that best fits your schedule. Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 308.635.6043.
INSTRUMENTAL AND VOCAL MUSIC
The WNCC music program awards full scholarships to worthy musicians. These scholarships are available to both music majors and non-music majors. Student musicians are given the opportunity to study privately, and encouraged to participate in various performing ensembles including:
- Collegiate Chorale - the premier concert choir of WNCC. Past performances include several at New York City’s famed Carnegie Hall.
- Big Cat Rock - an all-student instrumental/vocal ensemble that specializes in popular music from the 1970s to today. The Big Cat Rock Band tours locally and regionally.
- Fire in the Pan Swingers - a 1940s-era “big band” that is open to both students and community musicians.
- Varsity Vocalise - a highly selective vocal ensemble. Enrollment in Collegiate Chorale is required. Varsity Vocalise tours locally and regionally.
- Western Nebraska Winds - a traditional concert band, open to both students and community members.
The WNCC Theatre Arts program presents plays and musicals that emphasize a commentary on the human experience as it relates to the current state of affairs. By utilizing actors from both WNCC and the community, the Theatre Arts program provides quality theatrical productions that will raise social awareness, educate, and entertain.
The WNCC Visual Arts program introduces students to basic concepts of art and design, and provides quality studio time to develop traditional art skills. Students explore and develop skills in drawing, design, painting, photography, and a variety of two- and three-dimensional media including sculpture and claymation.*Please email email@example.com for information on how to submit a portfolio*